We have been really pleased with effort and determination of the children to improve their work this term. Considering the impact of the lockdown, earlier in the year, we have seen real improvement in each and every child.
Over the holidays we would like the children to research into the life and times of William Shakespeare. These could include:
- What were the important dates in Shakespeare’s life? (e.g. birth, marriage, birth of children, etc…)
- What key events were happening in the world at the time?
- What can you find out about Shakespeare’s life (family, children, marriage and where he lived).
- Where did people go to see his plays? What kind of people went to see his plays?
- What plays he writes? Did he write anything else?
- What have other authors and actors said about his work?
- Why have Shakespeare’s plays been enjoyed over such a long period? How are they remembered today?
To support the children in this research, we have included some links below for them to utilise. The children will then share this research with their group when they return to the classroom.
Thankyou all for your support this year.
We hope you have a restful holiday and enjoy spending quality time with your family.