Dear Year 6 children and parents,
We know that it has been difficult for the children not being able to celebrate their time at Ecton Brook Primary School with the usual end of school traditions. As a school, we are inviting the children with their whole class to a ‘socially distanced’ picnic so that we can give them the send-off that they deserve and allow them to catch up with friends and staff. Pupils will meet on the field near Watson’s way. Please can parents allow pupils to enter the school site unaccompanied to try to limit adults on site.
- Mr Whitfield’s class on Wednesday 8th July 2020 at 1-2.30pm (Bellinge Campus)
- Mrs Wild’s class on Thursday 9th July 2020 at 1-2.30pm (Ecton Brook Campus)
- Mrs Willetts’ class on Friday 10th July 2020 at 1-2.30pm (Ecton Brook Campus)
In the event that the weather prevents us from holding the picnic, an alternative date will be advised.
We would like the children to prepare in the following ways:
- Bring a small, individual picnic and a blanket/something to sit on so they can eat together while sitting socially distanced apart on the playing field.
- Think of one memory from their time in Ecton Brook (anything from your first day in school to Year 6) that can be shared and recorded on the day. This could be memories of friends, trips, events and humorous things that have happened while in school.
- Learn the song on the attached link or on the blog as each class will sing these on the day. Leavers Song
- As several of our pupils really enjoy a good dance, we are also organising a ‘TikTok’ that we can complete together. Pupils do not have to join in the dance but we would like you to stand around the outside of the dance area (socially distanced) and either bust some moves or clap to encourage your friends. Superman Tiktok
- If you wish, your child may bring a white school shirt or t-shirt and a permanent marker/ felt tip for signing. Shirts will be placed on tables at 2m distances for pupils to rotate around and sign. This is an optional activity – if you do not wish your child to have contact with other pupils’ items of clothing, they do not have to participate.
During this event, we hope to present the children with hoodies as a gift from the school as a memory of their time at Ecton Brook Primary. If these do not arrive in time, the school will organise for them to be collected at a later date. The ‘Tiktok’ dance and song will also be recorded on the day and placed on the blog with their class memories for pupils, parents and family members to access. Please advise if you do not give permission for your child to be on the blog.
Pupils will not need to wear school uniform for this event – this includes those children who are attending school at the moment; they can come to school in their own clothes just for this one special day.
We hope we get to see as many of you as possible on the day. Could you please contact the main office to confirm your child’s attendance. Pupils in school will return to their classrooms at 2.30pm and pupils being collected by parents or making their own way home will be accompanied by their teacher to the main gate.
Please contact the main office 01604 409608 (EB), 01604 411534 (BC) or email through the enquiries tab on the website to
- Confirm attendance of your child
- Give permission for your child to be recorded and for this recording to be on the school blog
We have missed the children and we want to mark the occasion of their moving on to secondary school with as many of them as possible. We will also be losing some parents that will no longer have students in the school and we wish to thank you for your support and being part of our school community. We wish pupils and families every success and we hope they pop back for a visit in the future.